Thursday, 6 September 2012

First Dress I Ever Made

I made my first dress when I was seventeen.  My mum helped me choose a simple pattern, and some nice fabric from the market (Leicester Market has a couple of really really good fabric stalls, check it out!) And, off I went on her old machine to make this-




I used McCall's Pattern M6115.  I was so please with it, it gave me such confidence and really was a huge part of the reason that when I was given my own sewing machine I had no qualms about getting stuck in.

Of course, now I'm a little more skilled at sewing, I wouldn't make it again.  I really don't like the baggy shape on me, totally unflattering.

But, anyway, there you go, the dress that started me off on this adventure, I guess I owe it a lot.

Freya May

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...