Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Finished Purple Peplum Top

I've finished the peplum top from last week, and I love how it has turned out!

I used the bodice from Simplicity 4070, view B, for the top, and added a simple circle skirt to it.


Here is the finished item-




It's great! And exactly what I was going for.

I've worn it out once already, on a date with Dave to the cinema (Looper, btw, is pretty awesome).

Summary
Fabric: A heavy cotton I was given as a gift, about a meter and a half
Notions: One black zip, 16"
Challenges:  I was pretty much on my own with the attaching of the skirt and of the zip.  The zip is open ended, which is a first for me, but i just treated it as a dress zip and it worked out great!  Also, still having issues with sizing, might be about a size too big- but I think that's just because I cut out the size too big.
Hours: Aprox 3
Cost: £1.15 for the zip
Do it again?:  Yeh, I love this style top, and I'll totally make it again, but am considering having a go at making it smaller!

Thanks for reading,

Freya May


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...