Monday, 21 January 2013

'Perfect Weather for a Picnic' Skirt

Urm, well, not really, we've had snow pretty much all weekend.  Annoyingly, as it's stopped us from travailing to see a friend.

But I used my time to work on projects instead- One of which is the Picnic Blanket skirt from Tilly and the Buttons.




I love this skirt! It was pretty easy to put together, and it's right up my street. shape wise.

I had to alter the patter ever so slightly, so that I could squeeze it out of the fabric I bought ages ago for a different project that never was.  But it made little difference as far as I can see, there is still plenty of fullness to the skirt and it's a lovely length!

I'm going to have to put it away now until summer, as it is really light weight and will not do in this cold.

Summary
Fabric: Light weight gingham poly-cotton, aprox 1.5m
Notions: Buttons
Challenges:  One thing I'm not great at is getting that mine of stitching straight when your sewing the back of the waistband- I don't know what it's called.  This bit always ends up wonky, so need to practice!
Hours: Cut it out during the first half of Hairspray, sewed it together during The Dark Knight and finished the buttons during Serenity, so, four hours total?
Cost: £4 for the fabric about two years ago, and £2.80 for the buttons
Do it again?:  I have plans to make it again as my Easter Skirt in the yellow curtain fabric I picked up thrifting the other day.

8 comments:

  1. So cute! I just love gingham :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't is lovely! Have you made this skirt? Gingham is perfect for it. xxx

      Delete
  2. This skirt is so cute, I'm so into gingham lately! Stopping by from Aloha Friday and I am now your newest follower. I look forward to a long blog relationship with you and can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    xx
    Serena
    www.theserenasaga.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! It's great to have you following! I'd love to get to know you.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! When I sew them in the shop, I know they'd be perfect!x

      Delete
  4. I really wish I could sew clothes the way you do! You look adorable! (new follower from the GFC blog hop!)

    Amy @ Clippie Dips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! It's great to have you! Do you sew? Have a go!!!

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...