I'm new to this whole sewing/sewing blogging thing, so I'm fully aware how far behind I am in knowing about the free Sorbetto blouse pattern, but here I am now, having a go. This is my first summery item I've made this year, makes me long for warm weather so much!!!
I'm not the happiest with the fit, so I might undo the binding and fiddle with that a bit so I'll wear it more. But I love this fabric! So summery! And only cost me £1/m on ebay.
I showed of the second sorbetto that I've made last week, which I wore as part of my Easter Sunday outfit. I reprinted the pattern and sized down from an American size 10 to a size 6. I got confused by the transatlantic measurements.
I'm basically just working on essays at the moment, not a lot of time for sewing, so posts are likely to dwindle until my deadline, sorry in advance about that. I'm working on one project in my 'down time' from essays- it's kinda keeping me sane. Still haven't really managed to successfully fit in 15min of sewing a day, but I'm working on it.
This whole semester has felt like so much more work than the last. I'm not sure what it is that has changed, perhaps just the expectations of me. Which I'm not 100% sure I can live up to. But I'll be damned if I don't try.
My essays are quite interesting at least. I just hope that I do well enough to hit my target. Fingers crossed!
Fabric: Poly-cotton, 1.5m from ebay
Notions: 2m of bias binding
Challenges: Only my second time using bias binding properly.
Lessons Learnt: Don't wing your measurements!