Monday, 8 April 2013

The Sorbetto Blouse

I'm new to this whole sewing/sewing blogging thing, so I'm fully aware how far behind I am in knowing about the free Sorbetto blouse pattern, but here I am now, having a go.  This is my first summery item I've made this year, makes me long for warm weather so much!!!  

I'm not the happiest with the fit, so I might undo the binding and fiddle with that a bit so I'll wear it more.  But I love this fabric!  So summery! And only cost me £1/m on ebay.  

I showed of the second sorbetto that I've made last week, which I wore as part of my Easter Sunday outfit.  I reprinted the pattern and sized down from an American size 10 to a size 6.  I got confused by the transatlantic measurements.



I'm basically just working on essays at the moment, not a lot of time for sewing, so posts are likely to dwindle until my deadline, sorry in advance about that.  I'm working on one project in my 'down time' from essays- it's kinda keeping me sane.  Still haven't really managed to successfully fit in 15min of sewing a day, but I'm working on it.

This whole semester has felt like so much more work than the last.  I'm not sure what it is that has changed, perhaps just the expectations of me.  Which I'm not 100% sure I can live up to.  But I'll be damned if I don't try.

My essays are quite interesting at least. I just hope that I do well enough to hit my target. Fingers crossed!

Summary
Fabric: Poly-cotton, 1.5m from ebay

Notions: 2m of bias binding

Challenges: Only my second time using bias binding properly.

Lessons Learnt: Don't wing your measurements!
Hours: 1.5
Cost: £2

11 comments:

  1. I love this! The fabric is lovely. Are you watching The Great British Sewing Bee? I love it! You might be able to fit that into your downtime? And just think about all that time you will have to sew when your essays are finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it too! Planning on making a dress with this fabric as I've got another 4.5m. I'm loving the Sewing Bee- totally able to make time for it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this so much! I tried the sorbetto pattern, but used a super slippery fabric and hated the way t was coming together - I still haven't gotten around to putting the bias binding on it yet (oops!). Perhaps if I used a different fabric I would find it easier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, but I bet if you finish the other one it'll look great! I'd love to see the finished product,xxx

      Delete
  3. visiting from sew darn crafty. I learn a lesson every time I sew. Hopefully soon my sewing will be good enough that I do not make these mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!
    I'm your newest bloglovin' follower, from the Bloglovin' collective: would you like follow me back :)
    Tx a lot,
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you following- I'll certainly check out your blog :D xxx

      Delete
  5. What a pretty floral top! :) I came from the Bloglovin' collective and I am your newest follower ♥ do check out my blog too if you'd like :D

    http://bobbedcurls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this fabric so much! Can't wait to have the time to make more with it.
      I'll be sure to check out your blog, it's great to have you following!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Great fabric for spring! Thanks for sharing at The Weekly Creative.

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...