Tuesday, 9 July 2013

A Little Bit of Sewing on the Side

Hey Gang!

Been enjoying the B-E-A-utiful sunshine?! I have :) Finally, the weather I was made for.  I'm all about the heat, baby!

I've been working as a shalver at the uni library, which is fun, meeting lots of new people, and working on my dissertation; which is coming along slowly (but that's just how I roll).

So I've not had a lot of time for sewing, but here is a super quick project I managed to squeeze in this last week.


A cotton jersey skirt from the left over fabric from a t-shirt I made in MMM'13. 

This is a lovely weight jersey.  I bought a meter of it on eBay a while back, and so far I've got a t-shirt and a skirt out of it, with enough left for a second skirt- should I feel the need to make another.



It's the simplest design, made a tube out of two pieces (forgetting to try and match up the stripes) tapering in at the waist and attaching (wrong sides together) a thick piece of elastic as a waist band- done!

I didn't bother to hem it, because I'm lazy, but it could be done if you can be bothered want.


This skirt is quite different to my usual style, but I've been seeing Midi skirts out and about lots recently, and I really like them!  This skirt is super comfortable, I can see it becoming a staple in my summer wardrobe.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks hon! i like it too, it's a 'design feture' ;) x

      Delete
  2. Looks great with the red shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outfit totally needed some colour, didnt it! x

      Delete

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...