Monday, 21 July 2014

Cotton Cambie Cutie


The Cambie dress pattern has been on my wish list for a long time now, and I finally baught a copy when I knew that I has secured full time work! Yay for being able to invest more into what I really love!

This dress is perfect, in every way that has nothing to do with me.  The shape of the a-line skirt is the right ballance between fun and casual and the fabric is just gorgeous! However, I didn't read the instructions properly so I failed to buy the right length invisible zip.  The one I ended up siding is a 14" instead of a 22", and that really does make a huge difference. I have to wriggle into the dress, so I'm probably going to replace it soon enough.

It took just 5 or 6 hours to make from cutting the fabric to finally sewing the straps on to my satisfaction.  I re-did them twice as I forgot to mark the notches telling me where they went, had a go at eyeballing it and failed to begin with.  Really happy with them now though, they might even be roughly where get are ment to go! 

Perfectly, I wore this dress to a work do the other week.  It was perfect for a wet weather pub BBQ party.  We had a lot of fun, and it was nice to chat to people in a none work environment, not that we were able to avoid talking shop all together, of course! This dress is all picked out for a couple more events this summer, I can't wait to give it another spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...