Monday, 9 January 2017

Catching up with 2016's projects


I've made a fair few things in 2016 that I never got around to blogging about, so I'm the interest of saving time and just getting them out there I'm going to blog about all my garments in one blog post.  I'll try and keep it short and sweet.  Though, this list isn't exhaustive, it's what I remember sewing/ what I have photo's of and is enough to document my progress over the last year.  They're are in a very random order as I can't remember when I made what!


1920's Murder Mystery Evening Dress, made from black jaquard fabric bought at Leeds Market a couple of years ago.  I started making this dress Thursday evening before the party on the Saturday- after realising I had nothing to wear! Luckily, it was a quiet Friday at work and I got the majority of the sewing done there.  Due to the speed of this sew, it's not the best made thing in the world, but it did the job I needed it for!



Simple Gathered 1950's Style Skirt- A sample for the shop as we run this as a workshop- the 100% gingham fabric is available from Crafty Sew & So.  I've since returned this to the samples box, as it doesn't really fit me with my growing prego belly.



Another sample for work, using our pattern for an a-line skirt and a larger, black 100% cotton gingham avalible in the shop.  I also got to play with our fabulous embroidery machines to add the cherry detail- which I love!



This Deer and Doe Bruyere Shirt in a white cotton/linen mix blouse from eBay was a challenging make because I had some fitting issues which I didn't work out with a toile.  I must make this again, I love the shape, but there are a few things to change and I've been feeling like making simpler, quicker projects recently.




I made the Colette Violet Blouse in a cotton lawn I've had in my stash for many many years and I have no idea where it's from!  The main reason I haven't sewn with this fabric (or really worn this blouse) is the fabric isn't really me.  The colours aren't one's you'd find in my regular wardrobe, so I haven't gotten a lot of use from this blouse.  I have, however, made some adjustments to the pattern and hope to make another one in a different fabric this spring.


I love this floral dress made with the bodice from Simplicity 2444 and a pleated skirt, using Micheal Miller Meet Me in the Meadow fabric.  Infortunatly, I finished this just weeks before I found out I was pregnant and so haven't had a lot of wear out of it yet.  Fit and flair dresses are simply the wrong shape for a prego belly!  It's in storage for next summer though, I hope I'll get a lot of use out of it eventually.



I made a fab Grainline Archer Shirt from this dotty chambray too (no photos to share), and had enough left over to make a Scout tee!  Happy day!  I love both these patterns for their simplicity and know I will keep getting a lot of use out of the finished garments and the patterns in the future.



One of my favourite makes this year has to be the Deer and Doe Dutra Blouse.  The green fabric was gifted to me by my sister-in-law, who bought it at John Lewis' a couple of years ago.  She actually made the same pattern with her's too!   I totally copied her, it was too cute not to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...