Monday, 16 January 2017

January Sewing Plans

I'm spending this wet and miserable day at home, in leggings and a jumper, with a cup of tea to hand at all times, sewing my way through my pile of yummy fabrics.  Bliss!



I've got six projects planned for the immediate future, two of which I have started already- YAY for quick makes.  I've been struggling with my Sew-Jo since we found out we were pregnant.  There is something about not knowing how your body is going to look by the end of the month that really put me off sewing for a while.  I kept thinking 'what is the point' of putting any effort in to a garment if it only fits for a short while, or not at all.  That, coupled with struggling to find patterns that still felt like they fit in to my personal style of largely fit and flair dresses really knocked me.

BUT... I have come out the other side of Christmas with some fresh inspiration and I am off!  The thing that has changed the most for me is the Moneta Party, being ran by The Triple Stitchers on Instagram this month.  We've been asked to sponsor as Crafty Sew & So, so I'm not entering the competition side of the party, but I have realised how easy the Colette Moneta dress will be to change in to a maternity dress! Plus, Sarah at work has offered to show me how to change the bodice up for easy nursing access too.

Especially as I get bigger, I plan on wearing Colettes Moneta a lot over the next few months, so I'm planning on making a few of them to get me through the week.  They'll be so comfortable, just like secret pyjamas- exactly what I need for my changing body.

Fabric for Monetta #1

Fabric for Moneta #2

Along side all the Monetas I'm going to sew two new Grainline Studio Archer shirts.  The one I've already started on is using up stash fabric my mum bought me at the NEC show Sewing for Pleasure last March.  Its a gorgeous cotton shirting fabric, white with fine blue stripes down it's length.  It's sewing up really nicely.   The Second is an end of roll remnant from Crafty Sew & So, sadly out of stock now.  I fancy a nice bright floral shirt for the spring.  

Fabric for Archer #1

Fabric for Archer #2


Also already in progress (and so almost finished) is my first Grainline Studio Linden sweatshirt.  I purchased the fabric, a classic kelly green sweat-shirting, from Leicester Market sometime last winter with the Linden in mind, but couldn't find the right colour ribbing to go with it.  As I also didn't have the pattern yet, the fabric has just sat at home waiting for me to get going with it.  This weekend, Dave bought me the pattern and I spent Sunday afternoon cutting it out and getting it together.  Just hemming and top stitching to go!

Fabric for my Linden Sweatshirt

Finally, I plan to make myself some tartan pyjama bottoms.  This fabric is also from work in three colours.  I have 1.25m, enough to sew some cute shortie pjs for when the weather warms up.  We run a Sleep Shorts workshop, which is such a great, quick make, and I'll be using the pattern from that.

Cosy PJ shorts Fabric


We'll that should keep me busy well in to February! What are your sewing plans?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...