Monday, 20 February 2017

FO: Colette Moneta Dress

I've finished my #MonetaParty dress yesterday, after having had it cut out for about a week. Sarah and I went to Stitches at the NEC today, a trade only exhibition, to scout out new suppliers for Crafty Sew & So, and I really wanted a new dress to wear.  We had fun, but it was a busy day, meeting with friends and new suppliers, making the Moneta Dress the perfect outfit. It's just so comfortable!



I made some simple adjustments to the pattern, raising the waist band to an empire line, allowing plenty of space for my growing baby bump.  It was really simple to do, and it made it into a garment that I can see myself wearing for the duration of my pregnancy.  While my normal measurements would come out at a medium size, my preggo boobs meant that for this Moneta I needed a large size to fit them in! The only fitting adjustment I had to make to the Moneta was shortening the shoulder seams as normal, by about 1 inch!


This fabric is from my stash, purchased from eBay about a year or so ago. I think it's a cotton elastine, but it may have some viscose in it. It was lovely to work with, and I am really feeling this colour this season. And, of course I included pockets! Which made it both comfortable, and practical.


While I made this dress for the coming Instagram party, where people from all over the world are making their own versions of this pattern and sharing them on social media this coming weekend.  I have every intention of making at least one more to wear between now and bump's arrival. I've got my eye on some fabric at work already for this, but I'd better get on with it quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love getting comments, so please, let me know what you think! I always try and respond to everyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...